Spotlight on Argentinian Pinot Noir!


Spotlight on Argentinian Pinot Noir!

Though many know of Argentina’s Malbecs, not many know of the unique treasure trove that is Argentine Pinot Noir. Silky but powerful, these wines delight and astonish. Patagonia is the center of production for these great value wines. With plentiful sun, soft breezes, limited rainfall, and soils easily penetrated by the vines’ roots, this region of the world is perfect for wine production. Check out some of the great Patagonian Pinot Noir values now available at Georgetown!

Bodega Malma Pinot Noir, Patagonia, Argentina, 2016 – $10.99Malma_FLP_Pinot_Noir

Malma wines are produced from manually harvested grapes from selected vineyards, and aged for 9 months in French and American oak. This adds a layer of complexity whilst the fresh frutiness of the wine is mantained and their unique Patagonian personality preserved.

Tasting Notes: Bright red color. Red fruit stands out, strawberries and ripe plums. On the palate, it is fruity with hints of spices and vanilla contributed by the wood. Smooth and elegant wine.

Familia Schroeder “Saurus” Pinot Noir, Patagonia, Argentina, 2015 – $12.99saurus-pinot-noir-2013

Grapes hand picked and selected through vibratory. 40% of the wine is aged 3 months in oak barrels. The other 60% was stored in stainless steel tanks.

Tasting Notes:The sight features red tones, which will eventually turn red tile. A nose detected various flowers, red fruits like raspberries, currants and strawberries, served with mushrooms and mineral notes of vanilla and cocoa also, made by wood. The palate is round and fruity with mild tannins, medium body and moderate acidity.


About gtownwine

Vivamus vel sem at sapien interdum pretium. Sed porttitor, odio in blandit ornare, arcu risus pulvinar ante, a gravida augue justo sagittis ante. Sed mattis consectetur metus quis rutrum. Phasellus ultrices nisi a orci dignissim nec rutrum turpis semper.